I keep trying to write a new blog post, but never quite manage a whole one.
So instead, here’s a list or two. I love a nice list.
Things I like right now
- Lighter evenings are coming – gradually
- Hello Fresh – easy 20 minute dishes, mainly being cooked by my husband at the moment
- Today’s achievement – I finally sorted out (aka threw away the contents of) a specific cupboard in the kitchen. It’s been on my to do list since I started maternity leave.
- Free online learning. I’ve discovered a few sources of free short courses, which should keep my brain active and make a change from browsing social media and reading novels while stuck under a sleeping baby.
- Friends. Looking forward to a couple of nice catch ups in the next few weeks
- Crocuses and snowdrops peeking out of the soil, and some green shoots of daffodils and tulips in my garden too
Things I’m not so keen on
- Yesterday I had two fillings. Silver lining – I suppose I should be grateful I don’t have to pay at the moment.
- Comparison to other people and in particular other babies – hard to get away from it really. There’s a whole separate blog post idea in there somewhere I’m sure.
- Baby bedtime logistics – put it this way, the book “Sleep is For The Weak” is a work of genius. A book of humour but also reality. Not looking forward to the 8-10 month sleep regression much!
- It’s freezing cold out there today. As a result I decided not to go for a late afternoon walk.
Not much else to add for now. I’ve got two or three blog posts in draft stage, hopefully one of those might see the light of day soon……
What are your favourite things this week?