It’s only been a few weeks and I’ve already realised many things…
- Despite having whole days to myself now, I still feel as if I don’t have enough time!
- I’m slipping back into bad snacking habits
- I haven’t made time for a walk every day, even though I know it’s good for me when I work at home
- Freelancing is different when you have to work to specific hours – I can’t start work as early as I used to, and if I get a second wind at 5pm I only have half an hour to take advantage of it
- If my daughter is ill, I have to rearrange things to meet my work deadlines
- If I have a day in an office, there’s no time for me, my life admin or my own projects
- My paid work has to come before my own blog writing or projects
I’m sure there will be more things added to this list as time goes on – and hopefully I’ll find ways around some of them.
But part-time freelance mum life is definitely not all tea and cake!